Folks at New Relic were a delight! They asked that I share a list of resources that will enable them to dig deeper into the analysis. Below are a just a small sample of content folks may find helpful.
Reading material passed out during session:
- Audre Lorde, "Age Race, Class, and Sex: Women Redefining Difference," in Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches, 1984.
- Kimberele Crenshaw, "Mapping the Margins: Intersectionality, Identity Politics, and Violence against Women of Color," Stanford Law Review, 1991.
- Mahmoodi, Ali ; Bang, Dan ; Olsen, Karsten ; Zhao, Yuanyuan Aimee ; Shi, Zhenhao ; Broberg, Kristina ; Safavi, Shervin ; Han, Shihui ; Ahmadabadi, Majid Nili ; Frith, Chris D. ; Roepstorff, Andreas ; Rees, Geraint ; Bahrami, Bahador, "Equality bias impairs collective decision-making across cultures," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2015.
- Stacy A. Gibson, "Ear Contact: The Use and Misuse of Race Based Story Telling and Story Sharing in Classrooms and Beyond," Critical Ethnic Studies Journal, 2015.
- Everyone Calls Themselves An Ally Until It Is Time to Do Some Real Ally Shit.
- M. Sabine Rear, "Bending Spoons: A Field Guide To Ableist Microaggressions," 2015.
Content referred to during presentation:
- Advocating for Chikesia Clemons.
- Digging deep into the roots of white supremacy and capitalism within Diversity and Inclusions policies and practices.
- Edward Said, "Representations of the Intellectual: The 1993 Reith Lectures," 1996.